Welcome March…I´ve been waiting for you!
This is my month and also the month of all Women…the month of flowers and Spring…Birthdays and Father´s Day…UK Mother´s Day (not sure if I can still take advantage of that??) and the weather starts to warm up and suddenly the energies are renewed and voilá we can be ourselves again!
I walk through the neighbourhood on my way for flowers and see the cafes and bars Terrazas outside with people having their breakfast and even if they still need to wear a coat, they stretch their necks and close their eyes to enjoy the blessed sunny day! I can already see all these places full during Spring and Summer at the end of the day…loud noises and Tapas & Cañas dancing around the tables….
I think about the dates…many many dates…with friends, family, kids or just the two of us….and the Park walks of course! The warm nights out (I am sure I am going to regret to have said this when temperature reaches 40°C)…
The issue is that Spring and Summer bring loads and this eager feeling for dates but they don´t bring a babysitter with them…and dates and late nights, special the last minute ones…the ones you really want to go to because the day was already hard enough…those most of the times are a No No!
So London friends and everyone else if you like Spring and Summer and dating of course…pay attention!!! Although I still cannot have the benefit of this…I felt I had to share for the sake of your Social Life!
Look at this!
- Finds babysitters around you, and how you might know them via your mutual friends and other contacts.
- Allows you to tap into your social circles to find trusted sitters – because we all know this is how it works in real life! We like to use our friends and neighbours babysitters!
- You can book it very easily by sending a request out to multiple sitters at once, and the first to accept gets the job.
And the cherry on the top of the cake!!!
- It tracks the sit to the minute, and you can then pay the exact price (and add a tip if you want) in a tap of the app – so no need for cash (wow)!
As a crazy mom wanting to enjoy a new city and having passed the last 2 years adjusting our social life and also mum& dad date times…without the physical help of grandparents, uncles and aunties to do some babysitting, I straight way downloaded the app to see what was all about!
Unfortunately is still not available in Madrid and therefore I could not complete the registration but I will be closely following them and checking anxious for their expansion and arrival to Madrid!
They recently did a campaign on their Instagram account entitled “Date like a Parent” where people could share their own little or big funny tips and stories in how do they find space and time to date when your household is populated by little creatures that you love to bits…but who sometimes you really really want to leave…just for a few hours!
So..London friends, friends of friends…friends visiting a London friend and wanting to enjoy an adult night out….go ahead…your Social life is now saved!
My Sweet Neighbour Brownies
Speaking about neighbours and babysitting… I also shared loads with my dear London friend and neighbour E and although this is a Jamie Oliver recipe, to me they will always be my neighbour brownies… Little Freddie Brownies!
She used to always bring me these brownies so we could enjoy a bit of a healthy sweet chocolatey cake with T. These are super kids friendly, made with dates and coconut oil, very easy to make and very tasty!
Bake some brownies and leave the kids behind…and enjoy a nice Date!
- 200 grams baking chocolate (70% dark chocolate)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 200 grams pitted dates (about 10 dates, I used medjol dates)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- cocoa powder to dust (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse chocolate and baking soda until texture of coarse sand
- Pulse in dates, then eggs, coconut oil and the vanilla
- Transfer the batter into a 20 x 20 cms baking tin
- Bake at 180°C for 26-30 minutes or until cooked
- Cool for 1 hour
Like it, share it, comment it, spread it…