For Blog Post click here
With T sick last week, there was a lot of home entertainment to do! Taking advantage of the fact that he was turning one month older and I was officially starting my countdown we baked a cake together!
When looking through my cooking books and thinking what I could really bake with a sick toddler I found the perfect one for the occasion!
“Gâteaux de Maman”…”Mom´s Cakes”..spot on!
This book was given to me by a good friend of mine one day when she came to visit from Paris. I was on my late stages of pregnancy and remember her saying something like…“well I guess now you have one more good reason to bake”…there is also a very sweet message inside…I love books with stories and this is one of those!
All recipes are very easy to follow so you can bake quickly and also enjoy baking with and for your little ones!
It was a gorgeous warm day so lemon seemed the right flavour….I added a few raspberries to the original recipe, nothing tastes like Spring more than this mixture!
- Juice and zest of 1 Lemon
- 4 Eggs
- 200 g of plain flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 200 g of butter
- 200 g of caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 100 g of raspberries
Optional: tsp of vanilla bean paste or vanilla flavour
- Preheat the oven at 180₀C and grease a loaf tin and base-line with baking paper.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and reserve.
- Melt the butter and add the sugar and whisk together until smooth. Add the lemon zest and juice and then the eggs, one at the time mixing in between. Add the vanilla if wanted.
- Add the flour and baking powder and fold it until all is well combined – be careful to not over-mix so the cake is fluffy and moist. Add the raspberries and slowly involve them into the dough.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and and bake for about 35 minutes or until the skewer inserted in the centres of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, remove the cake from the tin and peel off the baking paper and place ii on a serving plate.
- Add some powder sugar for decoration if you want and some additional raspberries.
Like it, share it, comment it, spread it…