For Blog Post click here
I love the combination of chocolate and toasted hazelnuts but you can also use almonds or other nuts you like. Toasting the nuts gives a very nice flavour combination, so do spare a couple of minutes and toast them over heath in a pan slightly until just golden!
Makes ˜ 22 (depending on individual size)
- 250 g pitted dates
- 80 g toasted hazelnuts
- 30 g raw cacao powder plus more for dusting
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or flavour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Put the dates, toasted hazelnuts, cacao powder, vanilla and coconut oil in a food processor and process for 2 to 3 minutes until you see the mixture combining and coming together almost as a dough.
- Roll the mixture into balls and use the extra cacao powder to coat them. Place the balls into the fridge and then into a airtight container and store them in the fridge for a couple of weeks…if you can hold!
- If you want to enhance the coconut flavour of these chocolatey balls, you can use shredded coconut as a top coat instead of cacao powder, or do a mix.
- When you buy nuts, always toast them and store in a airtight contain flask and in this way you always have them ready to make these balls or to top up a dessert (eg. ice cream)
- If you want to boost these cacao balls with some more fibre and goodness add a tsp of chia seeds or even some protein powder for a full energy ball.
Like it, share it, comment it, spread it…