For Blog Post click here
For the ones asking, the chocolate I use for all my baking and no baking chocolate recipes is this Lindt 70% for cooking.
In London I always used Green&Blacks for cooking or the dark 85% with Madagascar vanilla but here in Madrid the Lindt one is the one I findd that gives me the best results and therefore I keep with it…until a London friend pops by for a visit!
This is my version of my Sister´s recipe, hope you enjoy!
Serves 1 portion
- 50 g oats
- 150 ml of milk (you can use what you like, coconut milk, almond milk and also play with amounts depending if you like a more creamy or drier porrige)
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla bean past or vanilla flavour
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 little square of dark chocolate (I used Lindt cooking 70% cocoa)
For the Top:
Toasted chopped hazelnuts, shredded coconut toasted and red berries
- In a saucepan add all the ingredients apart from the chocolate. Bring it to boil over a medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until you get a creamy porridge texture (this should be very quick). Taste and add more vanilla or cinnamon if you want to.
- Remove from the heat and add the little square of chocolate and mix until it melts.
- Pour the mixture into a serving bowl and top it with the chopped toasted hazelnuts, coconut and add the berries.
- You can add whichever toppings you like, chocolate and nuts are always a perfect combination, so toasted almonds and walnuts or brazilian nuts suit perfectly! Banana would suit too!
- To toast the shredded coconut and the hazelnuts I simply did it in a saucepan over the hob very quickly.
Like it, share it, comment it, spread it…