For Blog Post click here
I did an early visit to the market and the nectarines, apricots and plums were what caught my eye, but you can just do a tray mix of what you most prefer. You can either add honey or brown sugar and the vanilla and cinnamon are optional, although I believe it combines perfectly with the fruits and the zest. You can also use lime zest instead of lemon.
You can also make something similar if using the barbecue; simply by halving the fruits and grill them, add some honey, some toasted almonds and serve warm with ice cream…voila a summer quick and tasty dessert! We had ours last night with lemon ice cream…and this morning I have topped the left overs with some greek yogurt…yummy!
- Red Plums
- Flower Honey or light brown sugar (to taste)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Vanilla bean paste (optional)
- Oats flakes
- Lemon zest (or lime)
- Rosemary or lemon thyme
Serving options: serve warm or cold with lemon or vanilla ice cream or some greek yogurt, add some more zest before serving with you like it more tangy
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 ºC.
- Halve the fruits and take the stone out, sprinkle the sugar or honey on top (taste the fruits before for natural sweetness and sugar it accordingly).
- Add the vanilla, the cinnamon sticks, the almonds, the oats flakes, the zest and rosemary or thyme depending on what you are using.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Serve warm or cold with some ice cream or greek yogurt.
Like it, share it, comment it, spread it…