For Blog Post click here
I followed the Hemsley+Hemsley recipe, with the exception that I roasted the red pepper for a nice kind of smoky flavour! The good thing of this recipe is that you can blend all the ingredients together and while you go along you can season to taste, add more lemon juice, vinegar, salt or pepper.
- 8 large, ripe tomatoes, peeled
- ½ medium red pepper (roasted if wanted)
- ½ large cucumber, peeled
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 small red or white onion
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1 handful of fresh herbs (I used parsley and basil)
- 1 tsp of good quality balsamic vinegar
- Juice of ½ a lemon or lime
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Roast the red pepper in a hot oven.
- Chop all ingredients and throw them into the blender (depending on how strong your blender is you will need to chop more or less).
- Blitz until smooth and taste for seasoning, adding more lime/lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper or even some more fresh herbs.
- Check the texture, I like to have it in a bowl with a spoon so a smooth creamy texture is ideal but if you like to drink it over a glass add some cold water until you obtain the desired texture.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
- Serve with some toasted pumpkin seeds, black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Like it, share it, comment it, spread it…