For Blog Post click here
Watermelon is fresh and a very hydrating fruit.
Fresh mint is a proven digestive aid and pomegranate contains ellagic acid which has been shown to be beneficial to cell health.
This is a recipe from the Maggie´s book I told you before. I added a balsamic vinegar reduction to it and it worked out perfectly!
You can both have it as a light main meal or as a side, a good combination for a summer meat barbecue!
for 2 portions
- 2 good slices of a large watermelon or 1/2 a small watermelon
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- bunch of mint leaves
- Peel and cut the watermelon into cubes and take off the seeds.
- Roughly chop the feta cheese and then peel and de-seed the pomegranate.
- In a saucepan add the balsamic vinegar and bring it to boil. Once boiling reduce the heat and let it simmer and reduce until you obtain a thick consistency.
- Mix the watermelon, the feta and the pomegranate in a bowl and toss with the olive oil and the reduced balsamic. Sprinkle the chopped mint leaves on top.
- You can either serve it all in a bowl or make small individual bowls.
If you want to try another healthy and tasty recipe of this book, check this roasted beetroot and goat´s cheese salad.
Like it, share it, comment it, spread it…