…and Chocolate Mouse
We had a bit of a tough week, apart from all the thunderstorm and rain after a sunny and warm weekend, there was a knocked down mom (me!!) and many plans of course fallen apart!
Nevertheless, I am feeling better and getting back on track and could not let you go for another weekend (which for some of us will be another long one), without a recipe (in this case 2 recipes) and one of my little stories!
This is the story of the day when the most delicious and easy recipe of a Chocolate Mousse went very wrong!
For the Chocolate Mousse Recipe see below.
For the disaster one that became now one of V&C household favourites, click on the Recipes Page here!
Have a Lovely Weekend!
This is a very easy recipe for a last minute dinner when visiting friends or at home.
It takes no longer than 15 minutes to prepare and if served the day after is even better. It is so so easy to prepare that one day it went all wrong for me, see here how I saved it!
The trick here is to use very good quality chocolate and butter (you know me by now!) and whisk the egg whites very well until firm, if you are strong enough like my brother in law you can whisk them by hand!
- 6 large eggs
- 6 tbsp of brown sugar
- 200 g of dark chocolate (I used Lindt cooking 70% cocoa)
- 1 tbsp of butter
To Serve (optional)
Toasted almonds or hazelnuts, walnuts go very well with it as well and some raspberries or other berries.
- Place the chocolate and the butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (bain-marie). Stir until melted. Remove bowl from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until a dark yellow and fluffy mixture is obtained.
- Add the melted chocolate to the eggs and sugar mixture and mix until all is incorporated.
- Whisk the egg whites until firm and then carefully fold them into the chocolate mixture until a light mousse is obtained.
- You can both serve in a single large bowl or in individual little bowls or cups.
- Refrigerate and take out of the fridge 10-15 minutes before serving. Add some toasted nuts and berries if wanted.
Like it, share it, comment it, spread it…