Yesterday when chatting with my sister she told me about this recipe of oats and coconut that she tried for her breakfast…Ok, until here nothing special but then she mentioned the magic word!
It was no longer a typical simple oats or porridge recipe…Oh No.. this one is The Ultimate Porridge Recipe!
For all women reading, you know that there are those days when sugar cravings take the best out of you and you cannot resist…well for me it has been all this week and as it´s my birthday week I have been slightly ignoring my diet restrictions ….
For all men reading…this is a quick and easy recipe to cook and make your woman smile on those grumpy annoying days!
This recipe is all you want, healthy with a simple chocolaty taste, very fulfilling to help you start your day with a smile!
It´s so so tasty and smells so nice that it was difficult to photograph as all I wanted was to quietly seat and try it!
I can give my Sister many Ss for the many things she is but definitely today my S goes for her to have shared this recipe with me and for all her friends and gymnastic teacher at Centro de Pré e Pós Parto from whom I always hear such nice cooking tips and advice! Well done girls!
Coconut and Dark Chocolate Porridge Oats
For the ones asking, the chocolate I use for all my baking and no baking chocolate recipes is this Lindt 70% for cooking.
In London I always used Green&Blacks for cooking or the dark 85% with Madagascar vanilla but here in Madrid the Lindt one is the one I find that gives me the best results and therefore I keep with it…until a London friend pops by for a visit!
This is my version of my Sister´s recipe, hope you enjoy!
Serves 1 portion
- 50 g oats
- 150 ml of milk (you can use what you like, coconut milk, almond milk and also play with amounts depending if you like a more creamy or drier porrige)
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla bean past or vanilla flavour
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 little square of dark chocolate (I used Lindt cooking 70% cocoa)
For the Top:
Toasted chopped hazelnuts, shredded coconut toasted and red berries
- In a saucepan add all the ingredients apart from the chocolate. Bring it to boil over a medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until you get a creamy porridge texture (this should be very quick). Taste and add more vanilla or cinnamon if you want to.
- Remove from the heat and add the little square of chocolate and mix until it melts.
- Pour the mixture into a serving bowl and top it with the chopped toasted hazelnuts, coconut and add the berries.
- You can add whichever toppings you like, chocolate and nuts are always a perfect combination, so toasted almonds and walnuts or brazilian nuts suit perfectly! Banana would suit too!
- To toast the shredded coconut and the hazelnuts I simply did it in a saucepan over the hob very quickly.
Like it, share it, comment it, spread it…